Ahh 27! Wow! I remember being a teenager making huge plans for this age as if it was the golden age that you’re supposed to have your life IN ORDER—yeah right! The thing is, no one is perfect, and no matter how much it seems as though I have it all together…I DONT. I go to therapy because I really need it, I am my WORST critic and sometimes I can be really insecure. It’s called being human, and despite how invincible to life we pretend to be—we all have issues.
But then there’s the gift that God placed in each of us that makes us so peculiar. The beautiful, creative and perspicacious spirit that God gave me is a gift that I’ve battled with for years because it was so hard for me to conceptualize that I’m just “different”; whatever that means 🙄. The energy and aura that I give off attracts some of the most amazing people, which is one of the soul (yes soul) reasons that I am as successful as I am today! Never in a million years would I think that this little country bumpkin from Mobile, Alabama, would be calling the shots in my professional career! But man oh man, I serve a God that is so idiosyncratic that He cannot be placed in our small box of expectations. His plan for us supersedes anything that we could ever imagine or think of! So in 27 years of life, my biggest lesson has been to dream BIG and never underestimate the power of imperfection.
As I celebrate my solar return, here are 27 lessons I’ve learned in 27 years of life!
1. Chocolate milk does not go well with cereal.
2. You cannot connect the dots going forward; you can only connect them looking backwards.
3. Gratitude changes your vibrations!
4. Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.
5. Yoga really works, especially trap & bikram yoga!
6. It’s okay to compartmentalize, and the “I don’t know” folder should not be empty.
7. Energy, both positive and negative, is palpable.
8. You are a combination of the five people you spend the most of your time with… Be strategic about this.
9. Trust your spirit. Your intuition doesn’t lie.
10. Friends come and go.
11. God knows your breaking point.
12. We’ve perfected moving fast, we need to practice slowing down.
13. Karma is real.
14. You have to practice at the same level of excellence all the time!
15. Take the tops off bottles when recycling.
16. Kittens are annoying 😒 Don’t debate me on this!
17. Tithing is important!
18. Being “dark skin” is soooo beautiful!
19. “Ok, you’re not fat!” — a convo that I have with myself often!
20. Vacation to places that grant new experiences.
21. There’s only one way to accept a compliment…. “thank you.”
22. Everything is connected – mind, body and soul
23. It’s ok to say “NO!”
24. When you’ve found your calling magical things happen!
25. Just because you burn sage to purify your space doesn’t mean you aren’t a believer of Christ!
26. If you’re not happy with yourself, you’ll never be happy in a relationship.
27. Meditation is game-changing!
I felt those vibes all the way here in the District, and I appreciate every word man! – With Love, Myra 💕